Last week, Keurig announced that it would be pulling it’s advertising from Sean Hannity’s Fox News show. Now, it’s been revealed that this decision did not go over well with consumers.
Business Insider reported that social media users spent the weekend posting videos of themselves smashing their Keurig coffee makers just two days after Keurig announced that they would no longer be advertising on Hannity’s show. Keurig decided to pull it’s ads after Hannity’s interview with Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing allegations he engaged in sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl and dated several teenagers while he was in his 30s.
Some said that Hannity went too easy on Moore, and by Saturday, several companies including Keurig, 23andMe, and E-Trade all announced they would pull their ads. Hannity’s fans fired back by lashing out at Keurig on social media and circulating the hashtag #BoycottKeurig. Some even recorded themselves smashing their coffee makers.
— Reverend Bob Levy (@TheRevBobLevy) November 12, 2017
Liberals are offended by this video of a Keurig being thrown off of a building.
— Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) November 12, 2017
— Angelo John Gage (@AngeloJohnGage) November 12, 2017
— Proud American (@montgomerychamp) November 12, 2017
While being interviewed by Hannity, Moore said that he didn’t know one of the women who came forward and that he knew two other women named in the story, but said dating teenagers was “not my customary behavior” at the time.
“I’m not going to dispute anything, but I don’t remember anything like that,” he told Hannity. “I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.”
Hannity himself got in on the action when he released a statement about Keurig on Twitter.
“Deplorable friends, I am buying 500 coffee makers tomorrow to give away!! Details on radio and TV. Hint; best videos!!” Hannity wrote.
Deplorable friends, I am buying 500 coffee makers tomorrow to give away!! Details on radio and TV. Hint; best videos!!
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) November 13, 2017
Moore has continued to maintain his innocence in response to the allegations against him.
“I am not guilty of sexual misconduct with anyone,” Moore said on Saturday in response to the allegations. “I have the highest regard for protection of young women.”
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.